10 April 2006

Another day, another dollar

Monday is here and I find it difficult to get back into working mode. Per usual, my weekend was jampacked with all sorts of activities and errands. I have a sneaking suspicion that this will become commonplace after marriage.

On Friday, FH and I set up joint accounts at the bank. This was a very big step for me as I'm a little preoccupied with money these days (buying a house will do that to you). I only pray that I don't become a fishwife when it comes to saving and spending. I'm used to my own personal banking system, however it's going to be a challenge getting used to how FH conducts his finances. Part and parcel of the joys of moving in together. I'm sure things will be fine once we work out a plan. Can you tell I'm a little anal retentive?

Saturday turned out to be a wonderful day. I was inspired by the sunshine and decided to be adventurous by walking from my parents' house to the new Walmart in Orleans. After the 20 minute sprint, I then decided to walk further to check out some of the new stores that are being built in the area. This seemed like a good idea until I ran out of sidewalk and ended up walking along a major thoroughfare with cars whizzing by. Suddenly aware that was not a "good" place to be, I opted to walk further inland through a muddy construction zone. Two hours later, laden with shopping bags and muddy clothes, I arrive home...happy to be alive.

In the evening, FH and I went to the Ottawa Sens hockey game. Despite the fact that we've had a team for years now, this was my first live game. After five minutes of play, I realized that I'm definitely going to be one of those loud and scary "hockey moms". My screaming was not aided by the fact that our team was losing brutally. Seriously 6-2 is pretty embarrasing. So much for being the top in our division...Either way, I had an awesome time and can't wait to see more games in the future (provided we get free tickets again)

Go Alfie, Go!


Sunday saw FH and I back to our usual running around. I went to Michaels to purchase some cardstock and a paper trimmer/scorer for wedding centerpieces. I swear to God this place will have made a fortune off of me by the time I'm married. They certainly don't give their paper away. I thought that DIY projects would save me money, but now I'm starting to wonder.

On a more positive note, we were able to find ourselves a new mattress yesterday. How do I describe it??? HEAVENLY!!! This was one area where we were willing to shell out a little more $$$. Poor FH has been sleeping on a terrible mattress for the past 5 years. I think it will be a bit of an adjustment for him.."You mean I'm not supposed to feel coils on my spine?!?" Quite personally, I'm looking forward to being able to sleep together without rolling towards the middle of the bed. I used to think it was because we were both gaining a weight, but it's really because his matress is so terrrible. That's our story...and we're sticking to it!

Back to the old grind for me...TTFN

No comments: