07 April 2006

!!! TGIF !!!


At long last, Friday has arrived - blessed day of the mystery sandwich...

Confused? You should be!

Let's just say that I work in a building that has the worst cafeteria imaginable. The selection leaves a lot to be desired, as does the taste. Don't get me wrong, if salty soup and dry-ass sandwiches are your bag, then this is the place to be!

I refer to Fridays as "mystery sandwich day" because you never know what you're going to find. Typically meals consist of a mishmash of unwanted food - the rejects from Monday to Thursday. Sort of a "yesterday's meal is tomorrow's soup or sandwich" kind of deal....

Aside from questionable sandwiches, my day is going well so far. Lots of work to do (I shouldn't be blogging right now), but it makes the day go by faster. I had my PPR this morning and received a glowing review from the DG. After a year of pulling rabbits out of hats (somehow managing to be productive without an operating budget), I guess I did a good job!

In other news, FH and I are taking a big step today. We are setting up a joint account. Yikes! This freaks me out slightly, but it's kind of necessary seeing as we are marrying one another. Right now our new home is being built and we have been paying for eveything out of seperate/personal accounts. Finally we got tired of playing the "I paid for this, so you pay for that" game. This should simplify things! FYI...we are not currently living together, this is why we each still have our own accounts. Yes, I'm one of those strange people who is stuck in the past and is trying not to live with my partner until we are married. It's a family thing...just go with it...

No comments: