16 June 2006

Back in business!

Actually I was never really gone…just busy….very busy!

Daniel and I move out in exactly 28 days. As you can imagine, things are starting to get pretty hectic. It seems like every spare minute we have these days is spent running around collecting and sorting out various odds and end. We’re really into the nitty-gritty now – appointments with lawyers, mortgage and insurance brokers. Definitely not fun, but we’re finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Wedding plans have also kicked into high gear. Last weekend mom and I went to Loblaws to pick out the flowers. Neither of us knows anything about flowers (except for killing them) so the appointment took two full hours! In the end, I’m still not 100% sure what I ended up picking. To be honest, I just wanted the florist to tell me what to choose. Both mom and I are highly indecisive, so the whole experience was pretty brutal.

As the wedding draws nearer, I’m starting to realize that maybe I was a little too ambitious about craft projects. I originally thought I would be making my own centerpieces, table #s, seating charts, and invites. Now I find myself willingly shelling out money so that I won’t have to deal with any of this. I’ve abandoned overly ambitious plans and have now opted to simplify everything. I’ve quickly discovered that I neither have the time nor the patience to become Martha Stewart. Very pleased with the general look of everything now!

Daniel and really impressed me over the past few months. He’s taken the lead on many of the little house details so that I can focus on wedding stuff. He even helped package and seal the invitations last weekend. I have a newfound hatred for writing addresses. In the course of one weekend, I spent roughly 4 hours writing on envelopes. By 2:30 am on Saturday, we were both a little delirious…the fact that we had been licking that nasty envelope glue for a few hours might not have helped either….

This weekend is looking like it might be a little more fun. We’ll probably do our typical running around, but at least it’s not a full agenda. Tonight my best friend is taking me out to Le Nordik Spa. For those who have never been, it’s a Scandinavian spa complete with steam sauna, dry sauna, and hot/cold outdoors baths. It’s a really funky little place in the Gatineau Hills – très chi-chi! Last time we were there was in February; it was totally surreal to sit outside in a bathing suite while we were surrounded by snow. I don’t imagine it will be quite as “magical” this time, although I’m sure it will look pretty when night falls. I have a nagging suspicion that I’m going to come home with 100 mosquito bites.

No comments: