01 August 2006

We have grass!!!

Yes, sadly these are the things that excite me lately… I was very happy to arrive home yesterday to see a yard full of lush, bright green grass. The dirt was really starting to get depressing. I guess we should count ourselves lucky because others have been waiting for grass for almost a year. Two weeks doesn’t quite qualify as a hardship.

While I am perfectly happy seeing green, I’m starting to worry about another type of green….money! In this abnormally sweltering heat, we have to keep watering the lawn 24/7. We were warned to keep the sprinklers on for at least two weeks solid. I am dreading our first water bill! Add on yet another expensive trip to Home Depot for various water dispensing tools and you’re looking at a pretty large investment. We may not be able to clothe ourselves next month, but at least we’ll have awesome grass!

Aside from the greenery, not much else has progressed on the home front. I still battle with mud puddles every morning and am resigned to the fact that there is no saving a certain beloved pair of shoes. They have no been relegated to “mail fetching” shoes.
This is pretty much the only time I will set foot on the street…unfortunately necessary seeing as I have to fetch bills…double blah!

I dream of the day that I can go out jogging again. Daniel and I eat very healthy, but the lack of outdoor exercise is driving me nuts. Lethargy is starting to settle and I find myself drinking beer more frequently…one of the adverse side-effects of living with a man. At this rate, I will be popping out of my wedding dress.

No comments: