09 March 2008

Will work for wine

I have a confession to make. My husband and I are “dealers”….

No…not “those” kind of dealers. We prefer to dabble in alcohol distribution ourselves. The system is relatively simple and seems to be catching on in the neighbourhood. Do us a favour and we’ll pay you with wine. Shovel or plow our snow-laden driveway and we’ll give you some great stuff to take off the edge of your muscle pain.

With all the snow we’ve been having, I’m quickly watching our wine rack empty. It only seems fair to give something back to the wonderful neighbours that dig us out of our home. Despite the fact that both hubby and I are strong and able-bodied, the weight of snow can still be crippling.

Today I parted with a lovely ‘award winning’ bottle of 2005 Bordeaux Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot…sigh. I guess you could say that yesterday’s storm was particularly awful - or fruitful for some…

No comments: