22 April 2008

No luck whatsoever

Only days away from my vacation and my body has decided to backfire on me. Yesterday, in a desperate final bid to get by body in perfect bikini form, I decided to go for a quick jog. Per usual, I started off with a few simple stretches in order to avoid injury…Ohhhhh the irony! One attempted hamstring stretch later and I found myself in a twitching and spastic ball of pain on the floor. Why God, why?

At first I thought I might have pulled a muscle but with little to no improvement after doping up with Robaxacet, a long bath and dousing myself in heat rub, I’m starting to think that I may have actually managed to pinch a nerve…double damn!

I’m still trying to figure out how I managed to hurt myself. I may have already aggravated my back by changing up my weightlifting routine over the weekend but the new exercises never actually hurt while I was doing them. I experience more back pain than usual the day after, but nothing too severe. Odd that a simple little stretch could end in so much pain; I guess the body works in mysterious ways and in my case, it conks out at the most inopportune moment possible.

Please keep your fingers crossed folks! I do not relish the though of spending my vacation with back problems…then again, plying myself with corona and rum may be the most effective means of pain relief at this point.

No comments: