04 September 2008

Pain in the neck...

Why is that I have an uncanny habit of injuring myself right before important events? I exercise daily and am typically as strong and healthy as a horse, yet I somehow manage to bugger up my body at the most inopportune moments. Back in April, in the week leading up my trip to Mexico, I managed to tweak something in my back while doing a simple runner’s stretch. Now, only two days before my brother’s wedding, I managed to pinch a nerve in my neck while performing a fairly standard weight lifting routine. Any other time I would have been fine, but of course my body has decided to crap out on me when I need it the most. Here’s hoping that I won’t ruin wedding photos with my head cocked at a strange angle or by dibbling all over my dress from an overdose of muscle relaxants. Between my mother’s gimpy knee, my father’s sore hip and back and my wry neck, we’ll look like the poster family for a local hospital fundraising drive…the poor bride is going to wonder just what type of gene pool is she marrying into.

1 comment:

F3rret said...

I saw the post title, and am glad that the post isn't about me. :)