20 September 2008

Prairie Bound…

Well my bags and packed and I’m ready to go…

but I’m not looking forward to it!

Tomorrow I’m heading off to Saskatoon for my organization’s Annual General Meeting. Unfortunately this isn’t exactly a pleasurable experience… unless you enjoy sitting in a gloomy conference room from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, trying to comprehend microarrays, nanoparticles, TGF-Bs and a variety of other scienific terms and findings that are enough to make your head spin.   For the seasoned scientist I can understand the appeal, but for a lonely communications practionner, it’s all greek to me!

My involvement in the AGM, is that I helped to plan many of the logistics of the conference as well as the actual flow of the three-day scientific program.  In a way, each year our organization’s AGM becomes my personal baby…albeit a large, thorny and annoying one.   Although the science is far too high level for me to comprehend;, I will admit that it is satisfying to see it all come together and, hopefully, bring some form of benefit and communication to our researchers.

Not much more to type now.  Must finish final preparations and head off to bed.  I’m grumpy about leaving for the next five days because I will be away for me and hubby’s 2nd wedding anniversary.

Very poor timing and I already find myself wishing to be back home before I’ve even left.  This, ladies and gentlemen, is the problem with liking your husband a lot… you don’t actually enjoy leaving his side.   

2 comments:

F3rret said...

Only LIKE? :P

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.