04 October 2008

Here comes the chop...

I have no idea what is up with my hair lately but I can’t seem to do a damn thing with it.It’s as though it has decided to be apathetic towards any style, product or amount of effort that I put into it. I’m half tempted to pull a Brittany Spears, holler “@$&# you, hair!” and shave it all off. Even my waves are lack luster these days…double damn!

What do I do when I’m having a bad hair day…or week for that matter? I do what any other over emotional young woman (who has been diligently growing out her hair for months) would do, I cut it off. I also tend to lean towards the drastic rather than a simple trim. A frustrated redhead is a dangerous redhead! I reached my breaking point yesterday at lunch hour and I called my hairdresser to schedule an appointment for this afternoon. I’m still not entirely sure what I have in mind, although I’ve been having some pretty delusional rock star fantasies lately, due in part, I’m certain, to playing too much “Rock Band II” with hubby. Perhaps I’m also starting some form of mid-twenties crisis. Trust me to get it backwards and be content with square and conservative as a teenager, only to finally hone in on my inner badass as an adult. I say this, but I will undoubtedly always be a suit-wearing business woman, albeit with a rebellious heart and a hidden agenda. Maturity or age fighting defense? Very possibly…

Wish me luck folks. Here’s hoping that I come home looking at least half-way normal and don’t let my very daring and artistic stylist get too creative.On the plus side, she does know and like my mother…

No comments: