22 October 2008

I’m not ready, nor will I ever be…

I have come to the conclusion that I’m not meant to live here in Ottawa. My body was not built for cold weather. My hands have been frozen since the end of August and they will most-likely remain so until June 2009. I have taken to the awkward but necessary habit of sitting on my hands anytime they are resting idle…too bad my posterior is not much warmer. I have actually mentioned this problem to my family doctor, to which he replied, “Some people are just really cold.” Gee, great, thanks! At this rate, I might as well be an iguana; perhaps I was in another life…?

Today is the first day that we have had wet snow / flurries in our forecast since last spring. While even I will concede that snowflakes look pretty, I am not ready to face another winter. After last year’s horrible winter, my back and my muscles start to ache just thinking about snow. Here’s hoping that this year isn’t as horrible. While the white monolith on our front lawn looked neat, I never want to shovel that much snow ever again for as long as I live!

“Please Mother Nature; be kind to the rambling redhead and her fellow citizens of Ottawa!” Cross your fingers for us, dear readers. I would do so myself, but I’m sitting on them…

No comments: