16 January 2009

The funny thing about time…

Ever notice how time is NEVER on our side? My apologies to Mick Jagger, but he has it dead wrong.

I’d like to share a basic observation with you, something that I’m sure everyone can relate to on some level. The general rule of thumb when it comes to time is:

(a) It drags on forever when you’re eagerly waiting for something to arrive or happen
(b) It speeds up when said event is happening and you want to slow it down

Anyone with me on this? Think now people...

Ever counted down the minutes to the weekend? Stared at the clock in the meeting room willing away the seconds until lunch? Eagerly pulled the seemingly-endless doors off of the Advent calendar leading up to Christmas? Sound familiar?

With only 15 days left until the cruise, imagine my absolute agony! Pity-party...table for one.

No comments: