26 January 2009

Takin’ care of business

And I’ll be workin’ overtime…

With only five work days until departure time, I have a mountain-load of loose ends to tie up and a sickening pile of action items staring me in the face. Why does it seem like I always end up taking a vacation during the worst possible time? My schedule always looks clear and open, but it has a mysterious way of filling up right before I go anywhere. I suppose there is never really a “good” time to take a break from work.

Between trying to make dents in my office work, and preparing a slue of promotional materials for the upcoming Ottawa Irish Festival, I have no idea when I’m going to find the time to pack my bags for this vacation. I only got as far as having hubby bring up the suitcases from the basement this weekend. I’m still not entirely sure what outfits I even want to pack; I wish I could be like hubby and just throw a few random things in a bag and be content. I always need an evening of contemplation, parading in front of the mirror and scrutinizing my every decision…yes I’m a fickle creature.

Looks like I’ll just have to play this week by ear, miss out on some much-needed Zs or simply cut down on the exercise routine….bah! Get me out of here!

No comments: