30 March 2009

Wretched Monday

Oh how I hate thee; let me count the ways!

I am having what could only be described as a textbook case of the Mondays. I look like crap, I feel like crap and I find myself having to deal with mountains of crap at the office. And just to spice things up a little, I left my office key and security pass as home this morning. Anytime I have to go to the bathroom, I’m like a damn nomad carting my giant purse along with me for fear of leaving it and my I-Touch in an unlocked office. No, this isn’t exactly Harlem, but we have had our share of office theft over the years. I’m not taking any chances – the way my day is going, let’s not tempt fate.

This afternoon I’ll be in a ‘surprise’ meeting dealing with some ministerial political mumbo-jumbo that came up this morning. In these uncertain times, even working in the government has its many constraints. Nothing major to worry about, just an unexpected glitch in a project I have been planning with my colleagues. It’s hard to know where to place your feet these days; it’s like walking on egg shells anytime you try to accomplish something. (grumble, grumble, grumble)

On a positive note (yes there is one), I had a lovely weekend. I cleaned the house in record time and took a two-hour walk in the sunshine on Saturday. Sunday was spent relaxing and running a few errands with hubby. We capped the evening off with a family dinner chez nous; I needed some guinea pigs for a new curry recipe. It also gave me an opportunity to discuss plans for our July family vacation in the Maritimes. Provided that everyone stays happy and healthy (please God), we’ll be renting a cottage with my parents in New Brunswick for a week. I can’t wait! Anything is better than a day like today!

No comments: