27 April 2009

Busy Mommy-To-Be

I’m horrible, I know…

Try as I might, I just can’t seem to find the time to sit down and write these days. While I suppose I should be resting a bit more, I find myself having to run around more than ever before. Between doctor’s appointments, searching for affordable maternity clothes, browsing for baby items, planning the annual scientific conference for work and getting ready to be Matron of Honour in my best friend’s wedding, I’m a little bogged down these days.

Nothing too new to report on the pregnancy front. I’m starting to show, albeit slightly. To the average Joe, it probably looks like I’m just carrying an extra bit of girth around my midsection. Family and friends, however, have started to notice a little bump growing. This past weekend I backed up all my skinny clothes and brought them over to Mom and Dad’s to store until after the baby is born. I’m now the pathetic owner of a near-empty closet with little to no clothing for the summer. Thank goodness I’ve had some luck with consignment shops here in town and I have, at least, a few cute dresses and skirts to wear for work. The problem is that I actually have nothing to bum around in. I don’t even own shorts right now to go out and do the gardening. ..le sigh.

Health wise I’ve been feeling wonderful. I still find myself lacking my usual enthusiasm and exuberance for going out and doing things, but life does not afford me many opportunities to sit on my behind and that’s probably a good thing. I am still struggling with a disgustingly large appetite for all things sugary or greasy (with pickles of course) but have thankfully kept up an active lifestyle. Last week I started Prenatal Aqua Fitness and I adored it. I was pleasantly surprised by the workout and it felt wonderful to work against the resistance of the water. I’ll be taking one class per week for three months; I wish I could do it at least twice! It was quite amusing to see so many pregnant bellies bobbing up and down in the water rhythmically – almost like a Hippo Water Ballet.

Aside from the fun of gestating, this weekend was busily spent cooking, assembling rolled sandwiches at ungodly hours and hosting a bridal shower for my friend. With 20 confirmed party guests, the bride’s mother and I assembled enough food to feed an army (or a small nation to be exact). All in all, everything turned out lovely and all the hard work paid off. The bride seemed happy with her special day and so did the guests. After the shower, I felt like an absolute zombie and God Bless my darling hubby for taking the initiative to clean the entire house from top to bottom; have I ever mentioned that I love him with every fiber of my heart and soul? So the weekend was a bit of bust relaxation wise, but I guess everyone walked away happy in the end. Only three weeks to wedding time and I hoping my energy will keep up with me on the big day…and I’m praying that my beautiful MOH dress will still fit!

No comments: