25 June 2009

Dude…you’re on my bladder!

So I’m not really feeling kicks per say but every so often I’ll experience a pressure or movement inside of my belly. It’s subtle but it’s there nonetheless. Sometimes I like to compare the feeling to going over an unexpected bump in the road, one that makes your stomach lurch or wave. I doesn’t hurt but it certainly feels strange. The one thing that does annoy me, however, is when I suddenly feel a pressure on my bladder despite having relieved myself only minutes earlier. I have visions of junior contentedly dancing an Irish jig in there…gah!

All this “fun” leads me wonder how I’ll endure my road trip out to the Maritimes next week. Mom decided to come along with hubby and I after all, meaning that I am now relegated to the very cramped back seat of our car. We both need the leg room but she takes precedence seeing as she can’t actually bend her knees 90º. Cramped quarters, varicose veins and luggage for three in a clown car should make for interesting times. I guess I’ll just have to get out and stretch often. It’s not an ideal situation but it’s the only one that all three of us can afford right now. I’m not puffing or swelling up too bad right now and hopefully it will stay that way.

No comments: