13 July 2009

Hello reality

Coffee…must have coffee!

I reluctantly dragged my heels into the office this morning, moaning and groaning the entire time. Next time I take a vacation, I vow to give myself one day to catch up and relax before returning to the office. I’m not entirely sure how productive I’ll be today; siftting through the 200 messages in my inbox was enough to wipe my energy.

Yesterday’s drive home was uneventful. The weather was fine and we made decent time up until we hit Montreal shortly after lunchtime (hooray construction season…not). We arrived in Ottawa around 3:00 PM, dropped mom off at her place, picked up the fur babies from my Father-In-Law’s place and finally returned chez nous. Between unpacking doing laundry, fetching groceries and tidying up, we didn’t actually get to put our feet and rest until well after 9:00 PM. Needless to say, last night’s bubble bath was absolutely heavenly.

Despite being cranky about having to come home, I am excited to get started on designing and shopping for the baby’s room. Now that the little guy is contentedly kicking away at my insides, it’s time that we started planning things in earnest. Until now, I have been reluctant to make any large purchases but I now feel confident enough to start looking ahead and making way for baby. The next three months are going to be expensive but if we space things out it should be easy to manage. We are already blessed to have found a beautiful second-hand change table ($10 for solid wood with barely a blemish) and my FIL has very generously offered to buy us a new crib. We are very lucky to have so much support and it seems that everyone in the family is excited to meet the little one. Exciting times are ahead!

And now for your viewing pleasure...a few vacation shots!


Our little slice of heaven

Whale by the sea


Hubby and I visit "Pinchy", an old friend

Never a dull view at the cottage

A perfect sunset from our deck

Potato fields and ocean in PEI

Beautiful views around every corner

New London Warf - replete with family memories

Jenn of Green Gables

My kindred spirit

Back of the cottage

Preggo at Caissie Cape, NB

Off the beaten path

No comments: