17 August 2009

Done deal

It's official! Yesterday hubby and I were heartily applauded as we put the SOLD sticker on the site plan for our new home. After a thorough two-hour meeting with the sales representative, and four painful post-dated deposit cheques later, we found ourselves feeling somewhat dumbfounded by the fact that we had just purchased our ‘forever home’ in exactly seven days. There’s no turning back now, only looking ahead towards both the stress and fun to come.

Seeing as I’m quickly turning into a lumbering hippo, I’m now in the process of trying to book appointments with the design centre to sort out our colours and upgrades. The studio is swamped but I’m hoping that they can squeeze us in soon because it will be near impossible to focus on décor issues after the baby is born. While I love hubby dearly, there’s no way I’m letting him select the colour scheme on his own…

While I’d like to say that I’m super excited right now, I’m just anxious to get things done and get into the new abode. I don’t relish the thought of living in a construction zone but I think the payoff will be worth it in the end to have the extra space and room to stretch out. I already find that I’m trying to detach myself from our current home but it’s hard after three years of blood, sweat and tears. I’m happy to move on but I’m sad to leave too.

No comments: