25 August 2009

Still alive...just

I was so proud to be back on a faithful blogging streak that it was bound to fail eventually. Life has been simply too hectic to keep up over the past few weeks. With only six weeks of work left before vacation and maternity leave, I’d like to say that I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but I’m still bogged down.

To make a long story short, on top of dealing with baby preparations and financing for the new home, July and August were quite possibly the busiest and most stressful months of work that I have ever endured. I was involved in a big media story and event – a first-time occurrence for my initiative. Essentially, I viewed it as a “make or break” case for career, a chance to prove myself within the organization. Thankfully it all came off beautifully! In the end and I feel that I’ll be walking away from here on a high note – very weary, albeit much wiser and more confident in my abilities. I’m still not sure how I managed to keep gestating; some days I feared that the stress would cause “bean” to make an early appearance….yikes!

Speaking of early appearances, I am both thrilled and frightened to report that I know of two October Moms that have already delivered their babies – both were under 33 weeks! Since becoming pregnant, I have been chatting with fellow October Mommies-to-be on an internet forum. We have been following each others’ ups and downs over the past several months and I was shocked to learn about the early deliveries. I had almost convinced myself that I have oodles of time left before the baby arrives; this was a reminder that things really are getting closer. I really hope that our little one continues to marinate for at least another 6-7 weeks. I can’t even begin to imagine how scary it would be to deliver 2 months prematurely. Thankfully both little babies are in good care in the hospital, but it will be a very tiring 4-6 weeks until their families can bring them home.

Nothing else new and exciting to report. I’m growing by the day and can’t believe that I have gained 34 lbs so far! People keep telling me how small I look for 32 weeks, so I wonder where the heck all of this weight is going?!? There’s no sense beating myself up over the weight issue. I do indulge but I also eat a well-balanced diet and exercise at least 4-5 x each week.

Baby shower is coming up this weekend – very excited for that! It will be nice to have a day to simply relax, be with family and friends and celebrate the little one.

No comments: