25 January 2012

Pining to pin

Has anyone seen my life? I have been looking for it since jumping onboard the latest and greatest internet behemoth – Pinterest.

“What is Pinterest?” you ask. Aside from being a large, time-sucking black hole, it’s actually quite a neat tool for internet-based brainstorming and collective idea sharing. The concept is very simple – sign up for an account and start posting pictures and links of things that interest you. It’s similar to pinning pictures on a communal pegboard for all to see. You can get great ideas on pretty much everything under the sun – recipes, décor ideas, crafts, fashion, DIY projects, etc.

In a nutshell, Pinterest will likely become the bane of my existence. As if I wasn’t busy enough, I now have about 10 different craft projects that I want to execute around the home. The Gods of Pinterest have spoken and I cannot silence them. I cannot simply admit that something is a good idea, I have to try it myself and perfect upon it.

You know, come to think of it…Pinterest may kill me.

So tell me, are you also pining to pin?

No comments: