03 July 2012

On the road again

Anyone out there? Hello?

Here it folks - proof that I'm still alive and kicking. I have been totally out of touch with the blogosphere these days. Not only have I been completely inactive in posting, I haven't even had a chance to read up on my favourite bloggers out there - a sure fire sign that work is dominating my life again.

I have been putting in an obscene amount of overtime in my new"ish" position at work. While many of you enjoy the lazy, hazy, dog days of summer, I'm up late writing speaking notes and turning my hair prematurely grey...no seriously, ask my hairdresser.

Event season is on. Normally I love working events but even I will concede that two biggies less than a week apart may well send me to the funny farm. On the plus side, I get to travel.  On the downside, the most I see is what passes by me from the airport to the event and back again.

I'll be heading to Calgary in two days for my first event. I'll be getting there on the opening of the Stampede but sadly, will not take in any of festivities. It's back to Ottawa on a red eye flight to spend a day with Andrew and remind him that he does, in fact, still have a mother.  Then its off to Vancouver for another event next week. I'm looking forward to the end of that one because I'm giving myself a rare day off to sightsee. I so rarely treat myself these days and hubby agreed that I day off was in order for me (and probably for him too because I haven't exactly been joyful to live with these past few months).

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to the end of summer. Hopefully September will see a lull in event requests and a return to 'relative' sanity.




No comments: